Friday, May 17, 2013

Mentorship


 Literal 
Melissa Terrazas
Phone: (909) 869-2284

Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
  •   The most important thing that I have gained from this experience is being able to gain trust not only from the children but also from teachers, staff, and parents. This is very important for me because if I wouldn’t gain the trust from these persons, I wouldn’t be able to make it through. I realize that earn trust from others is not easy, is earn by time and how you are with them.

   
Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.

  •  By volunteering there I was able to get a mentor, which helped me through my entire senior project. I also had the helped of others teachers, they were very helpful in any doubts I had. I did all my interviews with professional teachers that work there. Every question that I doubt with they helped me answer it. By interacting with the children I had the change to experience their reaction toward different activities. I paid a lot of attention to their reactions because while playing they are developing skills. By the help of my mentor and the teachers I arrive to my answers, which are by aiding in a child’s development of fine motor skills, by increasing a child’s social competence, and by providing resources to parents that will create lifelong habits at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment